The Port Theatre is a focal point for visitors, offering a broad range of cultural events suitable for families, seniors, youths and adults.
The Port Theatre is about 0:20 away by car.
Over 250 additional events, seminars and educational conferences are held in the theatre each year, with over 100,000 people in attendance.
The architect of The Port Theatre, Terry Williams, set out to build a theatre that had good sight lines from all seats, excellent acoustics, and a wonderful sense of intimacy.
He was successful, as audiences have raved about these features ever since the Port Theatre opened.
- 804 seats in total (604 on the main level and 200 in the balcony)
- 28 seating areas accessible without stairs
- Excellent viewing from all seats
- Maple panels and cement walls enhance acoustics.
- The first two rows of seats sit on the orchestra lift. With the push of a button the lift goes down, the seats are removed and there is room for up to 34 musicians in the orchestra pit.
- We can also put the lift at the stage level which creates a thrust stage out into the audience chamber.
- The sprung stage floor is built to withstand many tons of rolling scenery and yet is soft enough for dancers not to hurt themselves while jumping.
- The theatre has 48 line-sets for stage draperies, lights and scenery.
- The deep stage allows lots of room for performers and sets.
- Stage proscenium arch is adjustable: from 42 to 48 feet wide.
- Minimum of 12 computerized pieces of equipment to operate lighting & audio systems.
$103.00 Double occupancy.
$20.00 Extra per person.
in between 3:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. or by arrangement.
out at 11:00 a.m.
no smoking and no pets.
Oceanfront Bed & Breakfast
and Warren Matthews
Phone / Fax : (250) 390-3203
Toll Free 1-888-801-1822 in North America